Monday 30 August 2010

Caramel ginger crunch cookies

I really wanted to make these because I loved the idea of the caramel sweets melted on the top of the bite size cookies in the picture in the recipe book! Sadly mine did not turn out quite as pictured, I think perhaps I added a little more syrup than was required and they spread. Also I couldn't find any "wrapped hard caramels" that weren't covered in chocolate so I improvised with some little blocks of toffee smashed up and sprinkled on top!

Having said all that these cookies are amazing! They are like soft ginger nuts with a chewy centre and topping. Everyone in the house loves them and they will definitely have to be made again. I will keep looking for those hard caramels and if anyone else finds any please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment