Sunday 29 August 2010

Spicy butternut squash soup with tomato or olive bread

This was a recipe that we all helped to make on the cookery day at Swinton Park. I enjoyed it then so decided to give it a go all by myself! We also made the bread but we did a couple of other flavours, I decided on these after a visit to the deli counter!

The soup was fantastic and even met with the approval of the butternut squash disliker in the house! It has a thai curry type of flavour but if you like things milder put only a small chilli in.

This was my first attempt at breadmaking since leaving school (apart from the team effort at Swinton Park) and I was amazed at how well they turned out! After the first kneading a kneaded in chopped up sun-blushed (or something similar!!) tomatoes into one batch and chopped up olives into the other. Then left to prove as usual. Neither bread has an overpowering flavour and I can even eat the olive bread despite being unable to stomach olives! I loved this, really therapeutic to make and fantastic flavours, definitely one to repeat and I'll be looking out for some alternative flavours for the bread too.

No comments:

Post a Comment